[ltp] getting correct time on a laptop (IBM ThinkPad T23)

Martin Steigerwald linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Sat, 24 Jun 2006 13:00:00 +0200

Am Mittwoch 21 Juni 2006 14:48 schrieb Florian Reitmeir:
> I think you want take a look at:
>
> man hwclock
> and the package "adjtimex"
>
> the two should be able to get your clock right.

Hello Florian,

thanks for that hint. Currently I am thinking of using either a working=20
ntp server (maybe that will be ntp-simple/ntp-server, cause openntpd did=20
not manage to get the time right in 2-3 days here, maybe it adjusts to=20
slowly to correct for the nightly time differences...) or even more=20
radical a cron job with ntpdate in combination with adjtimex...

Will think about this a bit more to avoid that NTP and drift adjustment=20
won't interfere in a way that makes the clock go wrong again.

=46rom features chrony would be ideal as it combines both...

Well lets see... the last to days I had to cope with two XFS crashes=20
instead...;(

Regards,
=2D-=20