[ltp] Re: Linux-Thinkpad digest, Vol 1 #1303 - 15 msgs

Laurent Gilson linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Sat, 24 Jun 2006 16:56:11 +0200

Hello

(we are talking about ati radeons, right ?)

> I have DynamicClocks "on" in X.org.  I'd assumed it would do something
> similar
> to SpeedStep with the GPU (at least in X).

Right.

> Will using the rovclock tool get
> me significantly performance.

no.

dynclock had some problems in the first versions. So people wrote
something to manually set the clocks to a fixed value (no "dynamic"
frequency changing, just set the clocks). Now dynclocks works perfectly
and there is no need for rovclock anymore.

Except if you want to push the radeon a little bit more then dynclock
does. rovclocks allows ANY frequency for V-RAM and GPU. No limit for
under- or over-clocking. Itīs dangerous and should be handled with care.

And donīt mix them. Never.

cu