[ltp] Re: Linux-Thinkpad digest, Vol 1 #1303 - 15 msgs

Laurent Gilson linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Sat, 24 Jun 2006 22:08:09 +0200

Hello,

>> dynclock does not reduce the frequency that far down.
>
> Oh. But that's not very low -- the fglrx driver offers similar
> frequencies.
> Is the frequency range of DynamicClocks configurable?

In the source: yes.

btw.: using both at the same time can increase the power consumption (and
in some combinations crash the whole thing). So disable dnclock while
playing with rovclock and vis-versa.

> That's a shame indeed. Any hope this will be figured out without ATI's
> help?

David Airlie and Alex Deucher are the most advanced hackers on that topic.

I have a ATI M7, the only powerplay-enabled card fglrx does not support. I
search for stuff about powerplay on linux in every xorg-release and every
kernel-version. nothing so far.

cu