[ltp] ACPI Thinkpad A21 and 2.6.17

Sat, 24 Jun 2006 18:36:17 -0300

On Sat, 24 Jun 2006, Daniel Smolik wrote:
> I have today upgraded to 2.6.17. Some things are better eg. Suspend to
> RAM. But this message about ACPI error I never seen before. What does
> it mean ? Is it bug in kernel or ACPI ?

Apply the 2.6.17 acpi update patches from acpi.sf.net (you will need to look
in the download directory, they never update their freaking project page,
much like hdaps.sf.net).

That might fix things.  It does some extremely needed updates, minor stuff
like changing the global acpi lock to something that wont hang linux when
called from a never-sleep-here context, etc :-)

  Henrique Holschuh