[ltp] How to remap Alt-R into Super (for Compiz)?

Sun, 25 Jun 2006 15:18:19 +0300

--sdtB3X0nJg68CQEu

On Sun, Jun 25, 2006 at 11:58:00AM +0200, Giuseppe Castagna wrote:
>    I just installed Compiz on Aiglx in my Fedora 5 + rawhide X40 Thinkpad=
=2E=20
>    It works nicely but unfortunately many effects are activated by the "S=
uper"=20
> key. If I understood correctly this is the Windows Key which, as we all=
=20
> know is absent from the keyboard of our beloved Thinkpads.
>    Does anybody know how to remap the right alt key (or the "Access IBM"=
=20
>    one) to the Super key?

I've a European keyboard layout with an extra key (labeled |\) between
left shift and the letter X.  I've remapped it to Super with this
command:

  xmodmap -e 'keycode 94 =3D Super_L Super_L' -e 'clear mod4' \
          -e 'add mod4 =3D Super_L'

The keycode for Alt_R is 113, so replace 94 with 113 in the above
command and it should work.

There are also a couple of extra Thinkpad keys (previous workspace/next
workspace) with keycodes 234 and 233.  I've mapped one of them to
Multi_key (aka compose), and tried (unsuccessfully) to map the other one
to become an Alt.

(I created a shell script and added it to my GNOME session, to run
*after* gnome-settings-daemon changes the keyboard layout.)

Marius Gedminas
--=20
If Linux doesn't have the solution, you have the wrong problem.

--sdtB3X0nJg68CQEu

--sdtB3X0nJg68CQEu--