ntpd and Re: [ltp] getting correct time on a laptop (IBM ThinkPad T23)

Martin Steigerwald linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Mon, 26 Jun 2006 07:22:41 +0200

Am Sonntag 25 Juni 2006 22:06 schrieb Richard Neill:
> Martin Steigerwald wrote:
> > Hallo George,
> >
> > my laptop is without network connections for several days sometimes
> > and the hardware clock is very inaccurate. I did not record it
> > exactly, but 5 minutes off in 1-2 days is easily possible.
>
> That's pretty awful for a thinkpad. Just a thought - have you replaced
> the CMOS battery recently?

Hello,

now I probably should do that as well... Still chrony should handle that
situation and I think I got it to actually do what I want, although this
involves some foo magic to work around limitations in chrony.

Regards,