[ltp] replacing CMOS battery from ThinkPad T23

Paul Kimoto linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Mon, 26 Jun 2006 11:03:02 -0400

On Mon, Jun 26, 2006 at 07:40:12AM +0200, Martin Steigerwald wrote:
> Anyone done this already? Is it easy? What kind of battery is needed? Any
> recommendations on where to buy such a battery?
>
> I am not so keen to try my poor soldering skills on a working hardware,
> but if need be I can get some help on that.

I did this on my old T23.  Take the (regular) battery out, and you should
see the CMOS battery wrapped in yellow plastic with the IBM part numbers
stamped on it.  The IBM part is {battery + plastic wrap + wires +
connector} and pretty easy to install--no soldering--although the geometry
is a little tight.  The part seems rather expensive but I ordered it right
from IBM (here in the USA).

As the other respondents said, you can consult the Hardware Maintenance
Manual; it told me how to do the replacement.