[ltp] Re: OT: Google Release GoogleEarth Linux

Shem Multinymous linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Wed, 28 Jun 2006 15:49:57 +0300

On 6/28/06, D. Sen <dsen@ieee.org> wrote:
> Thanks! I commented out that one line and that does help things.
> Googlearth runs in accelerated mode ....however it crashed
> twice...locking the machine...requiring a hard reset/reboot.

Similar problem discussed on irc://freenode/#xorg-devel yersterday,
and (essentially) the following was suggested. In xorg.conf, add:

Section "Device"
  Option        "Silkenmouse" "false"
  Option        "SWCursor" "true"
  Option       "RenderAccel" "false"
  Option        "AGPFastWrite" "false"
  Option        "EnablePageFlip" "false"
EndSection

and then run X with the "-dumbSched" command-line option.

Any change?

Also, please open a bug report on bugs.freedesktop.org.

  Shem