[ltp] Ati 8.26.18 released on Jun-26-2006

WSR linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Wed, 28 Jun 2006 19:12:34 -0700

https://a248.e.akamai.net/f/674/9206/0/www2.ati.com/drivers/linux/linux_8.26.18.html

(OpenGL version string: 2.0.5879 (8.26.18))

Those are the release notes.  Has anyone tried them yet?

I just installed them on my T60, and "so far" no --set-powerstate
corruption.

I learned that I get this only if I boot up on battery and do not start
the unit on A/C.  I tried that with these and it seemed stable.

According to the release notes, it mentions that these drivers have some
new power management features such as thermal management, but only
active when you use atieventsd.

Well on gentoo there is no atieventsd.  Same as of dapper (last I
tried).  On SuSE and RHEL it is installed by the suse package.  Anyone
have any clues on this?

Thanks!

-Scott