[ltp] Re: OT: Google Release GoogleEarth Linux

Jiang Qian linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Thu, 29 Jun 2006 04:35:39 -0400

On Thu, Jun 29, 2006 at 10:21:28AM +0200, Macskasi Csaba wrote:
> On Thu, 29 Jun 2006 01:51:54 +0200, Jiang Qian <qian2@fas.harvard.edu>
> wrote:
>
> >holy-schmoly! Mine is a T43 with ATI X300 and 1.86GHz Pentium M and 1G
> >ram, and I use the fglrx proprietary driver, and I only get about
> >1370FPS! What's going on here?
>
> Afaik there are still issues with debian etch. I have a R50e with an intel
> graphic card and after updateing from sarge to etch 3d accel did not work.
> I had to install mesa from unstable. Now 3d accel seems to wiork
> (according to glxinfo) but glxgears returns only 469.943 FPS and cpu-load
> is around 60%.
> So, while running glxgears you should watch the cpu-load. Then you'll know
> if mesa jurks around.
Nope I believe it is using DRI, the proprietary one unfortunately:
Selected output from glxinfo:

direct rendering: Yes
OpenGL vendor string: ATI Technologies Inc.
OpenGL renderer string: MOBILITY RADEON X300 Generic
OpenGL version string: 2.0.5814 (8.25.18)

fglrxinfo:
OpenGL vendor string: ATI Technologies Inc.
OpenGL renderer string: MOBILITY RADEON X300 Generic
OpenGL version string: 2.0.5814 (8.25.18)
If I use mesa, I got something like 600FPS. In both cases cpu use are
100%. Is this just some strangeness of glxgears? Anyone else out there
with similar hardware/software configurations and your glxgears score?
Jiang