[ltp] Thinkpad R40e and external monitor

Bartlomiej Swiercz linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Sat, 04 Mar 2006 18:51:08 +0100

Hello Thinkpad Users,

I have Thinkpad R40e with running Debian (testing) system. A few days
ago I upgraded Xorg server to 6.9.0 version and now I can't switch on
external vga output. I use ibm acpi interface to switch vga output:

root@lap:/home/swierczu# echo crt_enable > /proc/acpi/ibm/video

But after installation Xorg 6.9.0 ibm acpi interface doesn't work for
me. I always see:
root@lap:/home/swierczu# cat /proc/acpi/ibm/video
status:         supported
lcd:            enabled
crt:            disabled
dvi:            disabled
auto:           enabled
commands:       lcd_enable, lcd_disable
commands:       crt_enable, crt_disable
commands:       dvi_enable, dvi_disable
commands:       auto_enable, auto_disable
commands:       video_switch, expand_toggle

When I kill X server, I can turn on vga output. Moreover, I can turn on
vga output using vesa driver for Xorg (normally I use radeon driver).

Do you have any idea?

My configuration:
Debian testing, Xorg 6.9.0, kernel 2.6.14.2 (with compiled in
CONFIG_ACPI_IBM, CONFIG_AGP, CONFIG_AGP_ATI, CONFIG_DRM,
CONFIG_DRM_RADEON, CONFIG_VGA_CONSOLE, CONFIG_FRAMEBUFFER_CONSOLE,
CONFIG_FB, CONFIG_FB_VESA).
--
Pozdrawiam/Regards,
Bartlomiej Swiercz