[ltp] udev / sysfs problem

Jiang Qian linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Sat, 4 Mar 2006 14:43:29 -0500

what does
cat /sys/devices/platform/i8042/serio0/serio2/press_to_select
say? If it say 0, do
echo -n 1 > /sys/devices/platform/i8042/serio0/serio2/press_to_select
then try to tap hard on the trackpoint when the cursor is pointing at=20
some text to see whether it gets selected. If it does, it means that at=20
least such initialization serves the right purpose, if not it means that=20
1)you probably has some hardware issue or 2)T40 hardware does not=20
support trackpoint tapping.
Jiang