[ltp] making non-antialiased fonts looks nice.

noc ops linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Sun, 05 Mar 2006 09:50:55 -0800

Michele Campeotto wrote:
>>I've been through several forums trying to get the fonts look just like
>>as in windows for my ubuntu 5.10 installation w/ no avail.
>

>   Do you have a screenshot to show what's up? I have Ubuntu, I did
> nothing more than "aptitude install msttcorefonts", I disabled
> antialiasing and the fonts doesn't seem to look all that different
> from Windows when using Arial or Verdana:
>   http://h.micampe.it/no-aa-fonts.png
I tried sudo aptitude install msttcorefonts and it tells me it couldn't
find it? What's your /etc/apt/soruces.list look like?

I tried copying msfonts off windows box and configured that way.

Did you have to install freetype2?

Anyway, my fonts are very thin and light (monochrome) nothing like yours.

I have gnome font preferences similar to yours.

please advice.

regards,
/virendra