[ltp] T41, Radeon and external Monitor/Beamer

Mon, 6 Mar 2006 17:32:41 +0200

--EVF5PPMfhYS0aIcm

Hi,

> I want to connect and use an external Monitor/Beamer for Presentations and
> will see on both screens the same.

I do that all the time.  T42, Radeon 7500, open-source "radeon" driver.
I've never tried fglrx, and I do not plan to.

> I use the latest fglrx-driver from ATI, the distri is Ubuntu Breezy, the
> Graficcard is a Radeon 9000, the xorg X-Server-Version is 6.8.2-77.
>=20
> Has anyone a working "xorg.conf"-Example? I played with diffrent configs,
> but had no success.

You can find my xorg.conf at http://mg.pov.lt/xorg.conf.  It is pretty
complicated, because I often use dual-head (large desktop spanning two
monitors), and sometimes I use clone mode (both monitors show the same
picture).

However I did not have to do anything at all just to get clone mode --
the standard xorg.conf that Ubuntu's installer created for me worked
just fine.  (Well, almost -- sometimes the picture on the external
monitor was wobbly and wavy.)

You could try pressing Fn-F7, or doing

  $ sudo -s
  # echo video_switch > /proc/acpi/ibm/video

a few times to see if it helps.

Marius Gedminas
--=20

--EVF5PPMfhYS0aIcm