[ltp] Thinkpad T43 w/ ATI x300

Mon, 6 Mar 2006 15:10:36 -0500

On 3/6/06, noc ops <aptgetd@gmail.com> wrote:
> Looking for some feedback.
>
> Thinkpad that I have (T43) is currently setup for 1400x1050 with a
> refresh rate of 50hz and a max depth rate of 24. See below xorg.conf
>
> I was hoping to lower the resolution (say 1024x768) w/ a depth rate of
> 32. Going to 1024x768 w/ refresh rate of 50 hz is simply sucky and blurry=
.

> Has anyone w/ T43 done that? If so, any insight will be appreciated.
>
> I'm guessing it has to do something w/ modeline?

What exactly are you asking?  Assuming you are using an LVDS panel why
are you using a refresh rate of 50 Hz?  Also, depth 24 is probably
what you want.  The radeon driver does not support depth 32.
Internally the hardware uses 4 bytes per pixel (32 bits) for depth 24,
so perhaps that is what is confusing you.

Alex