[ltp] IrDA config

come se fosse antani linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Mon, 6 Mar 2006 21:06:36 +0000

On 3/6/06, Marius Gedminas <mgedmin@b4net.lt> wrote:

> > > In that case modprobe ircomm and then use /dev/ircomm0 ;-)
> > >
> > that's not so easy, man! :D
> > I modprobed ircomm but I have no ircomm device in /dev ...
>
> In that case modprobe ircomm-tty.

I tried also with ircomm-tty. dmesg report no errors, as jpilot
configured to use /dev/ircomm0.
On my Vx I configured the hotsync to use IR Transmission to PC but
nothing happens: jpilot wait for the palm and the palm report that
there is no connection,,,,

> (I haven't used IrDA recently; Bluetooth is more convenient.)

I know... therefore I bought a TDK blue5 (bluetooth adapter for Vx)
but I don't know how to configure it for the hotsync. My vx don't
support natively bluetooth and the software provided with the adapter
sucks.
I tought  that was easier to use it with IRDA but, as it seems, that's
not true! :D

--
keep in mind the power of antani
antani at gmail dot com