[ltp] Ram suspend on ThinkPad x41 Tablet

Alexander Gerasiov linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Tue, 07 Mar 2006 13:12:54 +0300

Shem Multinymous wrote:
> On 3/7/06, Antonio Abramo <abramo@uniud.it> wrote:
>
>>2. MORE IMPORTANT: was anyone able to make the suspend-to-ram work? I
>>couldn't find any patch for the kernel, although it is reported
>>working in some case.
>>Again, any clues?
>

> What's the problem? If it's hang on resume, look here:
> http://thinkwiki.org/wiki/Problems_with_SATA_and_Linux#Hang_on_resume_from_suspend_to_RAM
Hi there I had a similar problem (may be with another source).

My T42 with PATA drive sometimes hangs on resume from ram. I couldn't
find what the problem is (just had no time yet). May be there are some
problem with X.Org 6.9 radeon driver?
The situation follows:
I had Debian Etch (X.Org, radeon drivers, hibernate package (with
vbetools and radeontools in use), 2.6.15 from Debian) on T42 with
Radeon9600.
If I send him to sleep (suspend-to-ram) and wakes him right after that
it wakes up normally, but if I wake him after some time it fully hangs
(not acceseble via network too).
I seen somewhere on tw.org that it may be because auto-LCD-off feature
may work and recomendation to turn off DMPS before suspend to ram, but
didn't test that yet.

What do you think? Will it help or I miss something else?

PS Thank's to all who contribute for thinkwiki.org - it's great.