[ltp] making non-antialiased fonts looks nice.

noc ops linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Wed, 08 Mar 2006 07:39:37 -0800

Nir Tzachar wrote:
> On Tue, 2006-03-07 at 10:01 -0800, noc ops wrote:
>
>>Nir,
>>
>>It's better but fonts look faint and thin. Is there a trick to make them
>>dark w/o making the font(s) bigger?
>
> try removing the commented section from the local.fonts. it disables antialiasing
> for a range of fonts, so if, for example, fonts of size 12pt looks too this, you can try
> to disable antialiasing for these font sizes. you can also do this based
> upon font name.
---------------
i'll give this a shot. just curious, what's your resolution?

i'm using 1400x1050 w/ ubuntu 5.10.

>>Also, should I be upgrading to Freetype-2.1.9?
>
> i'm using 2.1.9-r1.
is this default or did you upgrade to 2.1.9-r1?

>>>xterm -fa "Andale Mono":size=14
>>>
>>>do you notice any difference???
>
> does this work???
yes it did made a difference but fonts all real thin and faint.

regards,
/virendra