[ltp] Thinkpad T21 Accelerated video problem

Wed, 8 Mar 2006 14:58:47 -0500

On 3/8/06, Efthym <efthym@gmx.net> wrote:
> Hi
>
> On Wed, 08 Mar 2006 10:36:17 -0500, Alex Deucher <alexdeucher@gmail.com>
> wrote:
>
> > Sorry for the top post.  try:
> > Option "DmaMode" "None"
> >

> I tried "DmaMode" "None" and "Any" but it doesn't seem to work. Xorg.0.lo=
> says:
>
> (WW) SAVAGE(0): Option "DmaMode" is not used
> (WW) SAVAGE(0): Option "BusType" is not used
>
> I'm using xorg 6.8.2 on FC4. I tried both the default driver and Tims but
> both have the same result.
> Any suggestions ?

neither 6.8.2 nor Tim's driver have these options.  they are specific
to 3D support which was not available until 6.9/7.0 was released.  If
you are having lock-up problems on 6.8.2, try enabling the
shadowstatus option.

Alex