[ltp] T41 - Dualview trouble

Ulrich Kuehn linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Thu, 09 Mar 2006 16:01:09 +0100

On Thu, 2006-03-09 at 16:45 +0200, Marius Gedminas wrote:

> Actually I had a slightly older version of my xorg.conf on the website.
> It had four server layouts defined (named DefaultLayout, MergedFBLayout,
> MergedFB2Layout, XineramaLayout), and the default one was MergedFBLayout
> (1024x768 + 1024x768).  Since I upgraded to X.org 7.0 and could start
> using MergedNonRectangular, I switched to MergedFB2Layout by default
> (1024x768 + 1280x1024).
>
> I've uploaded the most recent xorg.conf to the usual place:
> http://mg.pov.lt/xorg.conf

I wonder which window manager is best to support such a setup with dual
monitor / mergefb. Any specific recommendation?

I am especially interested in something that can support switching
setups and suspend-to-disk (in form of suspend2), which I regularly use.
Most interesting for me would be to support external monitor and at
times a beamer, but also a single-monitor setup when on trips. However,
any window show on external should then be moved to the internal screen.

Maybe someone can hint me towards a solution...

Ulrich