[ltp] hard time with ipw2100 on X21

Sascha Heid linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Thu, 9 Mar 2006 15:24:37 +0000

Hi, i have a Thinkpad X21 and am trying to setup my ipw2100 MiniPCI WLAN Ca=
rd.

I tried everything from kernel 2.6.14 to 2.6.16, with built-in
ieee80211/ipw2100, with modules and emerged from portage (running
gentoo linux).
I also tried to remove acpi and power-management completely from my
kernel because i heard about some bug with acpi on some thinkpads.

When i try to build the ipw2100 module myself my kernel wont compile
and when i try to use ipw2100 from portage i get a "fatal interrupt.
cannot start card" and modprobe feezes.

I already lost 9h to this, if anyone with a X20-X24 is using ipw2100
successfully PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE answer to this.

Regards,
Sascha