[ltp] hard time with ipw2100 on X21

Charles E "Rick" Taylor IV linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Thu, 09 Mar 2006 13:57:21 -0500

On Thu, 2006-03-09 at 17:35 +0100, Peter Ehrenberg wrote:
> "Sascha Heid" <saschaheid@gmail.com> writes:

> [delete 20 lines whimper about ipw2100]

> You tould us what ever you have tried. But at all nothing about your
> problem.

I think he did.  He said that he got an error when inserting the ipw2100
module: "fatal interrupt: cannot start card" and a frozen "insmod"
command.

I agree he could have told more about his compiling problem and included
some output from the syslog and lspci, but he's hardly at the point
where his network configuration should matter much, IMO.

(I wish I could help - but, I use an Intel 2200BG card on Ubuntu Breezy,
which just works.)

*  Charles E. "Rick" Taylor, IV <rick@rickandpatty.com>
*  Web: http://www.rickandpatty.com
* Blog: http://shrimpandgrits.rickandpatty.com