[ltp] LCD panel config

Thu, 9 Mar 2006 15:37:50 -0500

> Hi,
>
> I'm running Ubunto dapper (X.org version 7.0.0) on my T42p and I just
> got an LCD panel. The panel claims to have a recommended resolution of
> 1600x1200 (which is exactly what I want) at 60hz. The sync ranges are
> listed as 31.5kHz-91.1Khz horizontal and 56.0Hz-76.0Hz vertical.
>
> When I connect the panel with the attached xorg.conf, it displays but
> gives me an uncomfortable warning about the signal being "out of
> range".
>
> I tried running xorg -configure but that config had the same problem.
> And with the default mosaic background that you get when you test a
> new config, it did look like it was flickering a bit.
>
> Any clues about how to tweak the config so that it's within the panels
> parameters would be most appreciated.

what sort of setting are you trying to achieve? dualhead? clone mode?=20
CRT only?  if you want to use mergedfb which it looks like you are
trying to do, you will need to specify the refresh rates for your
external lcd monitor using the:
        #Option     "CRT2HSync"          =09# [<str>]
        #Option     "CRT2VRefresh"       =09# [<str>]
options since those apply to the second crtc in that case.  if you are
using "regular" multi-head you would need to create multiple device,
monitor, and screen sections.

Alex