[ltp] T41 - Dualview trouble

Sat, 11 Mar 2006 10:45:31 +0200

--HcAYCG3uE/tztfnV

On Fri, Mar 10, 2006 at 08:33:46PM -0500, Paul Kaplan wrote:
> > I've uploaded the most recent xorg.conf to the usual place:
> > http://mg.pov.lt/xorg.conf
> >
> Marius,
> This file worked great.  I can now move to xorg 6.9 and once again have a=
 dual=20
> screen.
> One question; Is there an advantage to running MergedFB over Xinerama or =
vice=20
> versa to get dual screens?

Yes: with MergedFB you can switch between dual-head and clone modes with
xrandr, without restarting the X server (and closing all the
applications).  With MergedFB you get working 3D acceleration on both
monitors.  The radeon driver's manual page also says it is faster than
plain Xinerama.

Marius Gedminas
--=20
Anyone can do any amount of work provided it isn't the work he is supposed
to be doing at the moment.
                -- Robert Benchley

--HcAYCG3uE/tztfnV

--HcAYCG3uE/tztfnV--