[ltp] skinny fonts

Aaron Mulder linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Sat, 11 Mar 2006 18:35:27 -0500

OK, here's another question to tack on to this discussion.

I have a projector configuration set up on my T43p that uses the ATI
MergedFB clone mode to allow 1400x1050, 1024x768, or 800x600, with the
same resolution on the laptop LCD and mirrored to the VGA port.  It
always comes up at 1400x1050, with nice looking fonts, and then I
resize it down (using the KDE control panel which I think uses
xrandr?) to match the projector I'm connecting to.

That all works fine, but when I disconnect the projector and switch
back to 1400x1050, then fonts have gone bad (e.g. very small/thin).=20
It's almost like it recalculated the DPI for 1024x768 but then didn't
recalculate it again when going back to 1400x1050.  If I log out and
back in again, needless to say, the fonts are fine again, but I'd
really like to avoid needing to do that.

Any suggestions?

Thanks,
    Aaron