[ltp] Battery Cell Replacement

Ron Joffe linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Sat, 11 Mar 2006 21:20:29 -0500

OK,

So I went through and replaced the cells on my T20's battery. Not really a big
deal, about 1/2 hours time max. Required tools: A few thin screwdrivers to
ease the case apart, and soldering iron and solder to put it back together.

Now the question is this. My thinkpad still thinks it has an old battery. The
battery charge indicator starts blinking almost immediately. It runs just
fine with great battery capacity, but it just thinks it's out of juice.

Any info on resetting the control circuitry in the battery?

Thanks,

Ron