[ltp] Battery Cell Replacement

Ron Joffe linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Sun, 12 Mar 2006 08:54:55 -0500

On Saturday 11 March 2006 22:11, David A. Desrosiers wrote:
> > So I went through and replaced the cells on my T20's battery. Not
> > really a big deal, about 1/2 hours time max. Required tools: A few
> > thin screwdrivers to ease the case apart, and soldering iron and
> > solder to put it back together.
>
>  	Where did you manage to find the replacement cells?

BatterySpace.com

Li-Ion 18650 Cylindrical Cell 3.6V 2000mAh Cell
Add Tab

Part#: LC-18650-2000

(Qty: 6 x $6.08)

Discounted Item. You Paid: $5.49

Total = $32.94 + S/H

But looking back, I think I need to understand the battery control circuitry
better. Booting into windows, the machine almost immediately tried going into
hibernation mode (since it thinks that the battery has a capacity of all of 5
minutes). And the battery indicator blinking is quite annoying.

Ron