[ltp] [OT] wine and opengl?

Damien Challet linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Mon, 13 Mar 2006 09:41:10 +0000

Apologies if out of topic, but I have been trying hard for quite a few months
now.

I have never been able to use opengl with wine on my T41p with fglrx. Every
time I start an application that uses opengl, I get a GetVersion32 error.
This is with wine 0.9.x (tried all of them) with Gentoo and Ubuntu Breezy. I
could not find anything an answer anywhere. Even my posts to wine-users and
ubuntu mailing lists were not answered.

Is there anybody here that can use, say, the precompiled wine for ubuntu with
opengl? (IMHO, it lacks opengl support, but even recompiling it does not fix
my problem).

I am curious about your input on that problem.

Damien

cf. http://www.ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=131402