[ltp] Re: Which Distro supports T60?

Aaron Mulder linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Mon, 13 Mar 2006 12:27:29 -0500

Update: I had the same problem trying to install Windows XP.  I found this:

http://www-307.ibm.com/pc/support/site.wss/document.do?sitestyle=3Dlenovo&l=
ndocid=3DMIGR-62909

It suggests going into the BIOS and selecting Config/Serial ATA and
setting the mode to Compatibility for the installation, and switching
it back after the correct drivers have been installed.  I haven't
tried SuSE 10 again yet, but I'm hoping that flag will work there too.

Thanks,
    Aaron