[ltp] R52 - Display shift

Donald B. Altman linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Mon, 13 Mar 2006 17:31:13 -0500

** Reply to message from Torsten Wolf <t.wolf@tu-bs.de> on Mon, 13 Mar 2006 22:38:14 +0100

Hi Torsten,

My (limited) experience is with 9.x versions of SuSE on a T42p and A21p...

I also had problems with a shifted display.  I ran xvidtune and adjusted the display until
it was properly centered.  Then I entered the (new) timings into my XF86Config file.
The timings go in the "Modes" section, in particular Modeline entries for the monitor and resolution.

I found that, depending upon the display (internal or external) and video card, things
had to be adjusted.  Once adjusted, they stuck.

Good luck,

Don A