[ltp] suspend/hibernation FC4 & X31

Izaak Branderhorst linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Mon, 13 Mar 2006 17:52:55 -0500

Hi there,

check out http://www.suspend2.net/ . I don't use Fedora so I can't tell
you whether you'll have to apply suspend2 to your kernel yourself or if
there's a Fedora package available.

suspend2 is where the most recent development is. It's more feature-rich
than the in-kernel suspend support. I have an old A30 with a GB of RAM and
suspend2 really speeds things up by compressing the RAM contents as it
writes to disk.

Hint: the swap partition is the safest target to use (don't use the
filewriter). This does mean however that your swap has to be at least the
size of your memory plus your 'normal' swap usage.

Izaak