[ltp] T4x: Xinerama with different resolutions

Paul Kaplan linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Mon, 13 Mar 2006 21:05:23 -0500

On Monday 13 March 2006 10:10, Aaron Mulder wrote:
> OK, when I do that and startx, the laptop display comes up correctly.
> Further, the right side is "open" as if there's more desktop there --
> the cursor clearly heads off into space there instead of being pinned
> to the right edge of the laptop display.  However, the external
> display does not receive a signal at all (the monitor goes to sleep).
> I tried two different external monitors just to be sure, and dragging
> windows over there doesn't seem to make a difference.
>
> Thanks,
>     Aaron
>
> On 3/13/06, Alex Deucher <alexdeucher@gmail.com> wrote:
> > >
> > > Do you recommend setting that on device 0 or device 1 or both?
> >
> > Screen 0
> >
> > > Thanks,
> > >     Aaron
FWIW, I never got Xinerama to behave with xorg 6.9.  The external monitor
never got a signal, even with the Optionn "Monitor Layout" as above.

There was a tweekhread at the end of last (T41 - Dualview trouble), in which
there is a MergedFB solution: http://mg.pov.lt/xorg.conf
HTH
Paul