[ltp] R52 - Display shift

Torsten Wolf linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Tue, 14 Mar 2006 08:40:41 +0100

Hi Donald,

* Donald B. Altman <dona@SingularTech.com> [06-03-13 23:33]:

>I also had problems with a shifted display.  I ran xvidtune and adjusted the display until
>it was properly centered.  Then I entered the (new) timings into my XF86Config file.
>The timings go in the "Modes" section, in particular Modeline entries for the monitor and resolution.

I ran xvidtune, but whenever I try to apply/test the new settings, i get
the following message:

  "Sorry: You have requested a mode-line that is not possible, or not
  supported by your hardware configuration"

Even the original settings are rejected. This happens on Debian
unstable, xorg 6.9. Any ideas?

Regards,
Torsten