[ltp] Which Distro supports T60?

Tue, 14 Mar 2006 09:02:42 -0500

On 3/14/06, Aaron Mulder <ammulder@alumni.princeton.edu> wrote:
> I tried SuSE 10 last night on the T60 after changing the SATA setting
> in the BIOS.
>
> It did install.  However, it didn't recognize the wireless adapter
> (Intel abg), it recognized but was unable to run the ethernet adapter,
> it didn't recognize the modem, the video was only recognized as
> VESA...  Suspend to RAM was nearly instantaneous, but upon resume the
> screen stayed black (like the backlight never came on).  About the
> only bright spot is that the sound kind of works.

If you got the T60 with the ati X1xxx chip, you are going to be stuck
with VESA for the forseeable future.  Neither the Xorg radeon driver,
nor fglrx support the avivo based radeons yet. You may also have to
grab the latest intel wifi code as your chip may be one of the newer
versions.  Got an lspci output?

Alex