[ltp] Debian X.org 7.0 experimental packages

Vivek Dasmohapatra linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Thu, 16 Mar 2006 18:15:19 +0000 (GMT)

On Thu, 16 Mar 2006, Michael Ott wrote:

> Hello guys!
>
> Does anybody tested the new x.org packages from debian experimental.

Yes, I've just backported them to sarge.

> How do they work? Are there any problems with installing and using this?
> Does anybody tested it on a T43? And can I play tuxracer with them?

Some file locations have changed, notably the font directories and the
rgb.txt file. I have  T43p, which contains a FireGL M24 PCIE card: this
card is not yet supported by X.org 7.0.3 drm/dri - I'll be trying some
code from CVS later to see if it works. Which card does your T43 have?

Apart from the file location changes, no problems to report so far,
the backport, though large, was pretty smooth, requiring only a couple
of minor makefile edits for some supporting packages.
(gcc 3.3 requiring slightly different flags due to its treatment of -ansi,
make dealing with odd -DFOO=\\\"moose\\\" constructs, that sort of thing)

I'm running the 7.0.3 X now, and it all seems to Just Work(tm).
Apart from the drm/dri.