[ltp] suspend2 causes volume control problem

mario linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Thu, 16 Mar 2006 22:28:10 -0800 (PST)

So, Diego Alcorta wrote:
> When I suspend to disk my thinkpad R40 everything goes well.  But as I
> boot it up I can no longer change the volume through the buttons.
> Actually all the bottons that have a acpi event cease to work (even
> thinklight, brightness).  I tried restarting the demon but still no
> success.  I can only recover allthe functions one I reboot the computer.
>
> Is there a fix to this?

Not sure this will help you, but running ubuntu 5.10 i lose my fn-buttons
after a hibernation cycle. Doing a subsequent suspend to ram cycle fixes
this.
I realize this is probably not what you meant by 'fix', but giving this a
try might help in the absense of the real thing, provided you can suspend
to ram.

mario;>