[ltp] WPA-PSK on FC 3, 4, 5

Dominik Riebeling linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Sat, 18 Mar 2006 18:53:20 +0100

On 3/18/06, Richard Neill <rn214@hermes.cam.ac.uk> wrote:
> > Can WPA-PSK really be this difficult?
>
> Yes. I think it is! Most of the Linux tools don't support it.

Hmm, I don't know if I'm missing something atm but I just recently set
up my fc3 box with "wpa2 personal" like it's called by my router. wpa
algorithm is TKIP+AES. I built wpa_supplicant from sources.

> Of course, if you succeed, I'd love to know how you did it!

I found this page really helpful:
http://www.gentoo.org/doc/en/handbook/handbook-x86.xml?part=3D4&chap=3D4

My relevant part of /etc/wpa_supplicant.conf:
# allow frontend (e.g., wpa_cli) to be used by all users in 'wheel' group
ctrl_interface=3D/var/run/wpa_supplicant
ctrl_interface_group=3Dwheel
ap_scan=3D1

# home network; allow all valid ciphers
network=3D{