[ltp] USB mouse on R52 (getting scrolling to work)

m h linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Mon, 20 Mar 2006 18:56:17 +0000

Thanks for the responses guys!
For some reason, I thought the I would need to provide another section
for the usb mouse.  (I didn't occur to me that the trackpoint section
and the usb mouse would work for both.  In fact, I find that quite
confusing).

Anyway, here's how I got it working:

#this supports both trackpoint and usb mice!!!
Section "InputDevice"
=09Identifier  "Trackpoint"
=09Driver      "mouse"
=09Option=09    "Protocol" "ImPS/2"
=09Option=09    "Device" "/dev/input/mice"
EndSection

Section "ServerLayout"
    Identifier  "Simple Layout"
    #Screen  "Screen0"
    Screen 0 "Screen0"
    Screen 1 "intel-Screen01" Leftof "Screen0"

    #power saving options
    Option  "BlankTime"  "5"  # Blank the screen after 5 minutes (Fake)
    Option  "StandbyTime"  "10"  # Turn off screen after 10 minutes (DPMS)
    Option  "SuspendTime"  "20"  # Full suspend after 20 minutes
    Option  "OffTime"  "30"  # Turn off after half an hour

    InputDevice "Trackpoint" "CorePointer"
    InputDevice "syn2" "AlwaysCore"
    InputDevice "Keyboard1" "CoreKeyboard"
EndSection

matt

ps - still wondering about how to get synaptic circular scrolling
working.  Any hints?  (I found some references to 2finger scrolling on
ubuntu forums, though it requires a patch...)