[ltp] T43, suspend-to-ram via acpi, hang on resume

m h linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Tue, 21 Mar 2006 18:55:14 +0000

On 3/21/06, Marcus Obst <marcus.obst@s2003.tu-chemnitz.de> wrote:
> On Tue, Mar 21, 2006 at 01:30:37PM -0500, fire-eyes wrote:
>
> > Now, when I try this in xorg (via kde or "hibernate" command), it suspe=
nds
> > fine. On power up, things are good until the LCD comes up. The image va=
rys
> > between being completely trashed, and only somewhat trashed. The system=
 goes
> > totally unresponsive (even to sysreq) within a few seconds. This is obv=
iously
> > quite useless.
>
> On my T43 I had problems when suspending/resuming with vbetool enabled.
> Try to disable it.

I also had problems with vbetool on my R52 (blank screen on resume).=20
I have an intel video card and am running gentoo.  (Note that sleeping
sorta works for me, I can sleep for short periods, but apparantly
something is draining the battery, so in an attempt to fix that I
tried vbetool).

-matt