[ltp] Maximum sleep time R52?

m h linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Tue, 21 Mar 2006 19:09:20 +0000

On 3/21/06, Macskasi Csaba <bitumen@tuxworld.homelinux.org> wrote:
> On Tue, 21 Mar 2006 05:22:39 +0100, m h <sesquile@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > Can anyone with an intel graphics card comment on sleeping and/or
> > using vbetool?  (The documentation for vbetool is sparse (read
> > non-existant)).
>
> I have an R50e, intel graphic card. I am not useing the hsf-modem. Sleep
> works fine, usual power consumption...
> vbetool not needed.

Thanks Csaba-

vbetool did NOT work for me. The screen came back black.

WRT googling for a solution, I've done that.  Most of the (few) hits
are a year old or so, and none really explain what they are doing.  It
seems that with some of the newer kernels (and newer X code), stuff
that worked previously, doesn't work now (or isn't the recommended way
of doing it).  So I thought I'd ask here, since I figured someone
might be able to explain what's going on to me.  (Or share their
advice on using recent kernels).

-matt