[ltp] Several Problems on Gentoo with T43

Wed, 22 Mar 2006 17:27:16 +0100

Hi,

sorry i didn?t know, that the mail was sent, it wasn?t finished yet.
Otherwise you would have more informations from me ;-)

I managed to install both alsa and ati, seemed to be some problems with
compiling the kernel. Recompiling it made me able to emerge the
necessary packages.

> [snip]
>> > 01:00.0 VGA compatible controller: ATI Technologies Inc M22 [Radeon
>> > Mobility M300]
>> > 04:02.0 Network controller: Intel Corporation PRO/Wireless 2915ABG
>> > Network Connection (rev 05)
>
> 2915, not 2200, but it should still work.

I got several problems with my wireless configuration.
I can?t connect while booting (net.eth0 no accesspoint found...) but
when i manually restart the init-Skript in Console he does find the
correct AP.
After 10minutes i got disconnected without errormessages and must
restart the script again.
I use the ipw2200 drivers and firmware from testing-portage (same
problem with stable portage). I can?t find a driver for 2915 directly,
what do you mean with 2915? Let me tell you some further problems.

1.) I can not emerge ibm-acpi.Following errormessages:

Entering directoy `usr/src/linu-2.6.15-gentoo-r7`
WARNING:: Symbol version dump /usr/src/linux-2.6.15-r7/Module.symvers
is missing; modules will have no dependencies and modversions.

CC[M] /var/tmp/portage/ibm-acpi-0.11-r1/work/ibm-acpi-0.11/ibm_acpi.o
Building modules, stage 2.
MODPOST
/bin/sh: scripts/mod/modpost: No such file or directory
make[2]: *** [_modpost] Error 127
make[1]: *** [modules] Error 2
make[1]: Leaving directory
[make: *** [default] Erro2 2

Call stack:
ebuild.sh, line 1565 Called dyn_compile
ebuild.sh line 974: Called src_compile
ebuild.sh line 1280: Called linux-mod_src_compile

!!!Unable to make KDIR=/usr/src/linux default.

Is there a different way to get it started with experimental=1? Can i
load the modules that are already in the kernel with a different
parameter while booting?

>> Hi, I use gentoo and can probably be of some help. Can you tell me
>> what you mean by "can not emerge"? Details would help :) Running a T43
>> here.
>
> Yeah.  Like fire-eyes said, and like the Gentoo handbook states, if you
> can't emerge something, the *first* thing you do is find the first
> build error and reproduce that for other people to see.  Without that
> info, it's really difficult to tell exactly what needs to be done.
> (The only reason I feel partially confident in telling you what to do
> here is that I had similar problems with installing Gentoo on my T42p 2
> weeks ago....)

I appreciate that, i am not a total beginner but still only following
tutorials :-) Can you give me some hints, what packages/scripts/etc are