[ltp] [SOLVED] T43, suspend-to-ram via acpi, hang on resume

Mike Kershaw linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Wed, 22 Mar 2006 15:00:17 -0500

--ZmUaFz6apKcXQszQ

On Wed, Mar 22, 2006 at 02:46:35PM -0500, fire-eyes wrote:
> Thanks to the replies. The key to my problem was that once again ati's po=
or=20
> quality drivers cause problems. In this case they refuse to work properly=
=20
> with resume or suspend or any of that jazz.
>=20
> Switching to the radeon driver in xorg-7 solved the issue.

I had exactly the opposite experience -- xorg-7 drivers hang on 3d,
period, and didn't handle suspend/resume, ati-binary do 3d and
suspend/resume properly now.  I did have to disable the
radeontool/vbetool hacks to make the binary drivers work properly, and
add the "ProcSetting extra_pages_allowance 6000" option to hibernate to
disk properly.

-m

--=20
Mike Kershaw/Dragorn <dragorn@kismetwireless.net>
GPG Fingerprint: 3546 89DF 3C9D ED80 3381  A661 D7B2 8822 738B BDB1

Some people call them "cars" or "trucks"; I call them "dimensional
transmogrifiers" because they change three-dimensional cats into
two-dimensional ones.
                -- F. Frederick Skitty

--ZmUaFz6apKcXQszQ

--ZmUaFz6apKcXQszQ--