[ltp] Thinkpad R52

m h linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Thu, 23 Mar 2006 01:53:14 +0000

I'm using Gentoo on an R52.  Last month I wrote my experiences (a week
or so after I bought it) here
(http://panela.blog-city.com/gentoo_on_ibm_thinkpad_r52.htm).  I will
update that page soon since it is outdated.

I've booted the Ubuntu 5.10 live cd and it appears that most things
work with that.  (My 1400x1050 screen was an exception, as it didn't
get the native resolution.  (if you have i810 video card with
1400x1050 you'll need 915resolution)

Overall I like the laptop.  Most thinks work*

-matt

*Work is a little subjective.  Making them work well, or at least
understanding why they work might be a different story....