[ltp] Thinkpad R52

hackmiester / Hunter Fuller linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Thu, 23 Mar 2006 17:26:30 -0600

--nextPart1231705.9jLB6tMTpT

On Wednesday 22 March 2006 22:01, noc ops wrote:
> m h wrote:
> > I'm using Gentoo on an R52.  Last month I wrote my experiences (a week
> > or so after I bought it) here
> > (http://panela.blog-city.com/gentoo_on_ibm_thinkpad_r52.htm).  I will
> > update that page soon since it is outdated.
> >
> > I've booted the Ubuntu 5.10 live cd and it appears that most things
> > work with that.  (My 1400x1050 screen was an exception, as it didn't
> > get the native resolution.  (if you have i810 video card with
> > 1400x1050 you'll need 915resolution)
>
> -------------------
> I'm getting 1024x768 res (budget reasons)...w/ one of the following
> choices:
>
> - Intel Graphics Media Accelerator 900
> - 64MB ATI Mobility Radeon x300 graphics
I had that option on my R51. The ATI chip would NOT hardware accelerate for=
=20
me. My friend used the integrated graphics and it worked with little effort=
=20
in FC4. Unless you are playing games and want to screw with getting your gf=
x=20
to work for hours, I recommend the integrated chip.

> Just wondering what has been people's experience w/ the above graphics
> chipset? What do you folks recommend?
>

> thoughts?
>

> regards,
> /virendra
>
> > Overall I like the laptop.  Most thinks work*
> >
> > -matt
> >
> > *Work is a little subjective.  Making them work well, or at least
> > understanding why they work might be a different story....
> >
> > On 3/23/06, noc ops <aptgetd@gmail.com> wrote:
> >>Is anyone using R52 w/ debian or ubuntu? If so any feedback (good or
> >>bad) will be appreciated.
> >>
> >>I'm also interested in feedback on other distros as well.
> >>

> >>tia,
> >>

> >>regards,
> >>/virendra
> >>--

=2D-=20
=2D-hackmiester
Walk a mile in my shoes and you will be a mile away in a new pair of shoes.

Quick contact info:
Work: hfuller@stpaulsmobile.net
Personal: hackmiester@hackmiester.com
Large files/spam: hackmiester@gmail.com
GTalk:hackmiester/AIM:hackmiester1337/Y!:hackm1ester/IRC:irc.7sinz.net/7sinz