[ltp] hang when resume from Suspend-to-RAM

Fri, 24 Mar 2006 01:53:08 +0000

Guilherme Menegon Arantes wrote:
> Hi there list,
>
> I am having trouble when resuming from a Suspend-to-RAM.
>
> If I suspend/resume over console, everything goes fine until I startx
> when it hangs and beeps continuously around window manager startup
> (after the X driver is loaded).
> If I suspend/resume over X, it resumes OK, images are fine, but as soon
> as I change window/application, it hangs+beeps.
> It happens either when I use a (ACPI activated) sleep.sh script (with
> 'echo mem > /sys/power/state' or 'echo -n 3 >/proc/acpi/sleep'), or a
> hibernate + a hibernate.conf.ram
> (http://linux.spiney.org/system/files?file=hibernate.conf.ram)
>
> Disabled APIC from kernel, rmmod uhci_hcd, uhci_hcd (but not usbcore),
> and it still hangs.
>
> Same trouble when resuming from Suspend-to-Disk (done with 'echo disk >
> /sys/power/state').
>
> I am using the radeon Xorg driver (see xorg.conf bellow), vbetool, and
> pass append="acpi_sleep=s3_bios" to kernel (otherwise I get a black
> screen after resume).
>
> Anyone has the same problem? Solutions??? Tips??

Sometimes, the solution is:

chvt 1
killall -STOP X
[whatever else you want to do]
[suspend]
[resume]
killall -CONT X
chvt 7

That said, the suspend script which I had working beautifully on my A22p
has suddenly broken completely - it crashes X on resume, and I don't
know why. I "haven't changed anything" since it last worked.

Richard