[ltp] Thinkpad R52

Michele Campeotto linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Fri, 24 Mar 2006 09:33:57 +0100

On 3/24/06, hackmiester / Hunter Fuller <hackmiester@hackmiester.com> wrote=
:
> > - 64MB ATI Mobility Radeon x300 graphics
> I had that option on my R51. The ATI chip would NOT hardware accelerate f=
or
> me. My friend used the integrated graphics and it worked with little effo=
rt

  I have an R52 with the X300. With Ubuntu I just install the fglrx
package[1], s/radeon/fglrx/ in xorg.conf and there, it accelerates.
Dapper even has the new radeon free driver thas has decent
acceleration out of the box.

  mic

 [1] You can use that provided by the distribution, or you can
generate one with ATI's installer package.

--
Michele Campeotto - www.micampe.it

It's psychosomatic. You need a lobotomy. I'll get a saw.
=09-- Calvin