[ltp] Thinkpad R52

L. Mark Stone linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Fri, 24 Mar 2006 09:37:30 -0500

On Friday, March 24, 2006 09:27, Igor V. Rafienko wrote:
> on Mar 24, 2006, 09:18, L. Mark Stone wrote:
>
> [ ... ]
>
> > BTW, WinXP running under VMware Workstation 5.5 when booted into SuSE
> > runs faster than the native WinXP.  YMMV.
>
> BTW, did you install WinXP within vmware, or did you point vmware to the
> WinXP that comes pre-installed on ThinkPads?

I did a fresh install, creating a new VM from a shrink-wrap WinXP cdrom.  I
don't trust the Linux ntfs driver enough to allow it to do writes, only
reads.

A Message From...  L. Mark Stone

Reliable Networks of Maine, LLC

"We manage your network so you can manage your business"

477 Congress Street
Portland, ME 04101
Tel: (207) 772-5678
Web: http://www.rnome.com

This email was sent from Reliable Networks of Maine LLC.
It may contain information that is privileged and confidential.
If you suspect that you were not intended to receive it, please
delete it and notify us as soon as possible. Thank you.