[ltp] Thinkpad R52

Nikos Skivalos linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Fri, 24 Mar 2006 17:51:14 +0200

------=_Part_6187_17348753.1143215474730

I am using FC5 on an 1860w4s R52 and i have a little problem with the
ntfs partition.i 've tried to mount the ntfs partition and i had the messag=
that
ntfs is an unkown file system. i am new in linux and i am not sure that i
did the right
procces to mount tha ntfs partition.
fn keys works i the  keyboard light and volume also works brightness.
also hibernation worked fine.

On 3/24/06, L. Mark Stone <LMStone@rnome.com> wrote:

> On Wednesday, March 22, 2006 20:40, noc ops wrote:
> > Is anyone using R52 w/ debian or ubuntu? If so any feedback (good or
> > bad) will be appreciated.
> >
> > I'm also interested in feedback on other distros as well.
>
> I'm using SuSE Pro 10.0 on an 1859-BAU R52 (Intel chipset, 15" 1400x1050)=
.

> Everything except video worked out of the box, including the shrinking of
> the
> pre-installed WinXP partition (the R52 dual boots now just fine).  Very
> stable; no hangs/crashes in several months of hard use.
>
> For the video, SuSE includes 855resolution, which worked without having t=
> build an rpm for 915resolution.  I only had to hand edit the boot.localfi=
le
> to make video BIOS patch permanent for each bootup.
>
> Suspend to disk also works OK; external monitor works OK too, though most
> projectors I hook up to won't do 1400x1050, so I just change the
> resolution
> to 1280x1024.
>
> Most of the Fn keys work, like the keyboard light, sound volume, screen
> brightness etc.  The ones that don't work are the ones that hook (I'm
> guessing) to a specific Windows driver, like the Fn-SpaceBar.
>
> BTW, WinXP running under VMware Workstation 5.5 when booted into SuSE run=
> faster than the native WinXP.  YMMV.
>
> I've used other IBM/non-IBM laptops before, and I'd have to say that I'm
> very
> happy with this machine.
>
> Hope that helps.
> Mark
>
> --

> A Message From...  L. Mark Stone
>
> Reliable Networks of Maine, LLC
>
> "We manage your network so you can manage your business"
>
> 477 Congress Street
> Portland, ME 04101
> Tel: (207) 772-5678
> Web: http://www.rnome.com
>
> This email was sent from Reliable Networks of Maine LLC.
> It may contain information that is privileged and confidential.
> If you suspect that you were not intended to receive it, please
> delete it and notify us as soon as possible. Thank you.
> --

------=_Part_6187_17348753.1143215474730

I am using FC5 on an 1860w4s R52 and i have a little problem with the <br>n=
tfs partition.i 've tried to mount the ntfs partition and i had the message=
 that<br>ntfs is an unkown file system. i am new in linux and i am not sure=
 that i did the right=20
ard light and volume also works brightness.<br>also hibernation worked fine=
mail_sendername">
L. Mark Stone</b> &lt;<a href=3D"mailto:LMStone@rnome.com">LMStone@rnome.co=
m</a>&gt; wrote:</span><blockquote class=3D"gmail_quote" style=3D"border-le=
ft: 1px solid rgb(204, 204, 204); margin: 0pt 0pt 0pt 0.8ex; padding-left: =
1ex;">
On Wednesday, March 22, 2006 20:40, noc ops wrote:<br>&gt; Is anyone using =
R52 w/ debian or ubuntu? If so any feedback (good or<br>&gt; bad) will be a=
ppreciated.<br>&gt;<br>&gt; I'm also interested in feedback on other distro=
s as well.
 1400x1050).<br><br>Everything except video worked out of the box, includin=
g the shrinking of the<br>pre-installed WinXP partition (the R52 dual boots=
 now just fine).&nbsp;&nbsp;Very
video, SuSE includes 855resolution, which worked without having to<br>build=
 an rpm for 915resolution.&nbsp;&nbsp;I only had to hand edit the boot.loca=
l file
isk also works OK; external monitor works OK too, though most<br>projectors=
 I hook up to won't do 1400x1050, so I just change the resolution<br>to 128=
0x1024.
reen<br>brightness etc.&nbsp;&nbsp;The ones that don't work are the ones th=
at hook (I'm<br>guessing) to a specific Windows driver, like the Fn-SpaceBa=
r.<br>
r IBM/non-IBM laptops before, and I'd have to say that I'm very<br>happy wi=
th this machine.
________________________________<br>A Message From...&nbsp;&nbsp;L. Mark St=
ork so you can manage your business&quot;
 email was sent from Reliable Networks of Maine LLC.<br>It may contain info=
rmation that is privileged and confidential.
te it and notify us as soon as possible. Thank you.<br>--<br>The linux-thin=
kpad mailing list home page is at:<br><a href=3D"http://mailman.linux-think=
pad.org/mailman/listinfo/linux-thinkpad">
http://mailman.linux-thinkpad.org/mailman/listinfo/linux-thinkpad</a><br></=
blockquote></div><br>

------=_Part_6187_17348753.1143215474730--