[ltp] T41 in suspend to RAM: gets warm and not much bat. life

Felix E. Klee linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Sat, 25 Mar 2006 10:55:04 +0100

At Fri, 24 Mar 2006 09:45:42 +0100,
Peter Fr=FChberger wrote:
> Did you run it while on AC Power?

Am I really that stupid? ... Yes, seems so :-(. LOL

After adapting the script [1] slightly, I just ran it again for about an
hour:

  Sat Mar 25 09:35:01 CET 2006
  before: 41120 mWh
  after: 33970 mWh
  diff: -7150 mWh
  seconds: 4196 sec
  result: -6134 mW
  Your model seems to be affected.

> 6 hours of suspend to ram only? I think your machine is heavily
> infected ;-) I would suggest you try the patched radeonfb driver.  -
> From within the patch, I read:
>=20
> +       RADEON_SLEEP_THINKPAD_DMI_MATCH_MODEL("T41")
>=20
> Info & patch:
> http://www.thinkwiki.org/wiki/Problem_with_high_power_drain_in_ACPI_sleep
> (info)

I was already aware of this site.  However, since not all T41 are
affected (e.g. the 2373-GEU is listed as not being affected) and my
model (2373-3kg) isn't listed, I didn't try out the patch.

[1] "echo 3 > /proc/acpi/sleep" had to be replaced by "echo mem >
  /sys/power/state".

--=20
Felix E. Klee