[ltp] xgl on R51 with debian, problem with radeon 7500 / too old mesa

Laurent Gilson linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Sun, 26 Mar 2006 00:10:34 +0100

Hello

Thanks to http://battlehorse.homelinux.net/w/Wiki.jsp?page=Xgl and some
hacking i have a basic xgl up and running (the informations on that page
are faulty, i will post a comment after i've sorted out some other
problems).

The Xgl is running with a indirect Mesa lib. It's not as bad as it sounds,
but still unusable. All texts and most images get lost if displayed at
their original size. If i zoom out using F12, everythings fine, even
videos play nicely. I cannot use the normal xlibmesa because the extension
GLX_EXT_texture_from_pixmap is missing. Now my question:

Is there a mesa-version with support for radeon 7500 and
GLX_EXT_texture_from_pixmap ?

I found the extension inside the close-source ati-driver (which don't
support the radeon 7500 anyway) but not anywhere else. Could somebody with
mesa > 6.4 and radeon-open-sourcedriver please post the output of glxinfo ?

Thx